(note to all: my digital camera is MIA, thus no pics)
Besides my new GF grill I have another new best friend in the kitchen. And her name (I am sure she is female the way she moves and churns it all up) is VITAMIX! Yessirree. After berating Kala'i a few months back for even THINKING about spending over $300 on such a gadget I turned right around and got one about 2 months ago! Never looked back. That thing is worth its price in gold, especially if you are a Jamba Juice frequent flier (which I am not because who can afford it? It's worse than Starbucks which, by the way, I gave up on New Year's Day).
All you need is frozen fruits and berries from Costco, various flavors of lowfat yogurt and some sort of 100% pure juice and you are good to go. In it goes into the vita mix and out it comes, smooth as baby food (which, I should mention at this point, has been a primary function of the vita mix because like I said before or meant to, nothing is too good for my Lali-pop). I even made poi one day. I did try the soup thing but it wasn't a big hit. I have to find the right recipe.
So to all of you poo poo-ers on the hefty price of the vita mix...it is 200x better than any blender you ever bought, or hand mixer, or food processor and I should know. I HAVE THEM ALL!
I know. My name is Liana and I am a kitchengadget-holic.
Monday, February 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
um, I don't remember an apology for you "poo poo-ing" on me when I wanted one, thankyouverymuch.
We got a Magic Bullet for Christmas, which Tiff swore would be the best thing we ever owned for smoothies. And you know what? She was very right. I get the whole kitchen-a-holic thing! :)!
Post a Comment