Monday, October 12, 2009

Another Book Review

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer

My rating: 4 of 5 stars When I first started reading this book (which came highly recommended by my sis-in-law, Janine, whose opinions I hold quite high, except for movies) I was taken aback. It starts out with letters written between Juliet (the main character) and various friends/acquaintenances. And before long, you realize the whole book consists of letters! I loved the writing style of this author: quick witted, thoughtful, in an "old style" (the story takes place after WW II), and humorous! I think I've given too much away already. I almost gave it 5 stars, I really should have. I found myself reading it when Glen was driving and it took all my energy not to turn on the light in the truck at night but I know he gets a bit offended when I read in the day while he is driving. That has got to be a telltale sign of a 5 star book, don't you think? View all my reviews >>


No comments: