Monday, October 12, 2009

I'm 50!


And as my new favorite saying goes: 50 is the new 30!

Throughout the beginning of 2009 I knew 50 would be a milestone but I didn't think it that much of a big deal until my day started looming. Closer. And. Closer. I'm not sure what it was but the closer I got to September 25th the more important it became to me. And not in a crazy I'm getting OLD kind of way, but more in a "hooray for me, I'm going to be 50 and I feel G-R-E-A-T!" I seriously do! I'm not in tip top shape, I wish I lost 50 pounds before the big date appeared but I seriously feel great. I don't have to take any kind of cholesterol high blood pressure watching for diabetes kind of drugs. I can walk for a couple miles and still feel like I could go for a couple more. Although I've got wrinkles in places I'd rather not, my hair is still dark and I've still got lots of it. I feel great.

And so I threw myself a party. Not a big invite everyone except the kitchen sink kind of party, in fact, it was a small intimate party of less than 40 people and that included my own immediate family. A small group of VIP to me. It was a grand affair, better than I predicted, and I am looking forward to my next 50 years of life.



Cheers everyone!

2 comments:

alohab said...

beautiful ladies! what a great picture!

Anonymous said...

Great pic!!!
and you LOOK great for 50, you don't even know, OK??!!