Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Aloha from Hawai'i


Does this not belong on a Hawai'i Visitor's Bureau poster?

A big mahalo to Hulali's Aunty Johnny for the beautiful blanket. When I was pregnant with Kala'i, Hulali's mommy, Aunty Johnny, one of my best friends from high school (I mua, Kamehameha!), gave me the most beautiful baby blanket as a baby shower gift. It was one of my favorites, so much so that I gave it to Kala'i to use with Hulali. Yes, it lasted all those years, through three more children, though it did not retain its fluff (a little lumpy here and there) and color (those silkscreened materials rarely do last...). Aunty Johnny then trumped herself by creating ANOTHER blanket, again making the master blanket for the new generation. What a woman. Aunty Kahulu'i'iwilani, from one bird to another, this one's for you!!!

Love love to the aunties in the HOUSE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aunties represent!

woot woot.

(or something like that)