Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Half Assed

Half-Assed: A Weight-Loss Memoir Half-Assed: A Weight-Loss Memoir by Jennette Fulda


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I love reading blogs about cooking and technology and the life of my friends. One of my favorite blogs is crockpot365.blogspot.com, filled with wonderful crockpot recipes. That blogger (whose name escapes me at this moment) just published her cookbook and of course I raced straight to Amazon to order it. And while doing my search and reading her blog, she wrote about this book, Half Assed, and how wonderful it is! Jennette Fulda started out as a blogger, pastaqueen.com. So, sight unseen, I ordered that book, too. Quite a combination, huh? Cookbook and weight loss memoir.I was so excited to get the book in the mail that I stopped reading the book I am currently reading (The Help) to start this one. And I kept going until I finished it. It just took me the weekend. I loved it. It almost got 4 stars but I gotta start being a more critical judge. I love memoirs. I love weight loss stories. And I loved how she touched on areas of weight loss that others do not, things like discrimination, and how she wasn't suffering from any traumatic even that led her to turn to food. It was funny. Moving. Enlightening. Make pretend I gave it a four. Even a five. I mean I devoured it so quickly. And laughed out loud. The only thing that kept me from reading more of it out loud to my family was that they are SICK AND TIRED of me reading things about weight loss. You'd think I'd be slim and trim by now I know so much on the subject. And now I know even more.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: