Twilight by Stephenie MeyerMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
I resisted reading this book. Iʻm not a fan of "fad" books, i.e., series that become movies that kids/adults/teens go ga-ga over. I donʻt know why. So even though all my daughters read it and my BFFs I didnʻt want to. But our book club of three member whose turn it was to choose, chose this one so I was "forced" to and Iʻm glad I did. I actually enjoyed it. What I liked best were the descriptions of how the two main characters felt about each other and how the author was able to capture the feelings without any use of sex!!! NOT A ONE! I loved that! Not that Iʻm opposed to the inclusion of that in books, but in this particular case, my heart ached and loved and pined and rejoiced and cried. And young girls can read it and know that they can have a loving relationship without "giving it up".
View all my reviews >>

No comments:
Post a Comment